Thursday, May 3, 2007

The Fun in Fondue

Mauviel Cupretam Tinned Copper Fondue
Submitted by Steve
When I mentioned our new blog to our Customer Service team, I was first laughed at. What would we talk about? Would anyone care? Well, frankly, I don't know how many people will care, but we already have some topics to bring up. In fact, Tara from our Marketing team recommended I talk about fondue. "Fondue?" I asked. I must have missed something in my twenty some years, because I have never eaten fondue, and I never thought I'd blog about it. Meanwhile, Tara meanwhile has been having fondue parties!

What exactly is a fondue party, and why hasn't she invited me? Here's the skinny (on the first part... I still haven't figured out why she hasn't invited me):

You start off with a melted yummy goo of most often cheese, but perhaps chocolate instead... mmm... This is melted in a small burner, and you toss in bread or cake crumbs, and any other tasty thing you can find. Then you use that melted yummy goo as a dip for your crackers, strawberries, whatever! Find out more at Wikipedia.

If you are wondering about some fondue recipes, try out http://www.fonduebits.com/ for a good start.

If you think you are ready to make the plunge into some yummy fondue goodness, you'll need a fondue pot! You can pick up a Le Creuset or Mauviel piece from our site, but you can also find some sets at someplace like Target.

No comments: